The duties of a “Medical Officer” are to cater the transferred calls from HAIO / or direct call received and advice as per disease summaries available in the system or provide intervention in case of emergency calls inbound/outbound from ambulance staff. If caller needs any prescription then s/he may prescribe only OTC drugs via text message from TT Cell phone. S/he is responsible to identify the areas where capacity building of agents is required and plan and facilitate for the training accordingly. S/he must help in revision of Medical disease summaries periodically and recommend modifications if needed. She must facilitate for all the ongoing and new projects of TeleTabeeb whenever assistance is required.
Position: Medical Officer
Location: SIEHS Head Office, Karachi.
- Medical Graduation (MBBS) approved by PMDC.
- Certification in Family Planning & sexual reproductive health is preferable
- Certification in Training and Development is preferable
- Fresh graduates can apply , clinical working experience related to the Hospital/Clinical practice (Directly patient interaction) is preferable
- Minimum 1-year experience in facilitating the training of Health Care Providers is preferable.
Training/Courses : Call Center Etiquette, Basic Communication and Counseling Skills, Basic Computer Skills, Clinical Medical and Diseases Summaries, Family Planning, Reproductive Health, Sexual Health & Rights, Gender base values, and Training Skills are preferable
Age: Min 25
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITIES:
- Provide support for inbound calls transferred by HAIO / directly received by guiding the callers with initial assessment of medical complaints and advise them based on the recommended Medical Disease Summaries available in the system
- S/he may prescribe only OTC drugs if needed be, via text message
- Maintain proper data of diseases identified and advice given as per the system
- Provide support to ambulance staff (EMT) by assessing the emergency condition of patient and guide the EMTs to handle the critical patients in well manners. Maintain the record of each intervention in proper manner.
- Assist in the ongoing and upcoming projects for TeleHealth whenever required
- Prepare content and assist in execution of bimonthly refresher training sessions for the ongoing project of TeleTabeeb staff
- Identify key areas for capacity building of call agents and facilitate the monthly training sessions for improved learning of the staff
- Review disease summaries periodically and recommend modifications if needed
- Provide Health Advise/ General Health Information on both inbound and outbound calls.
- Maintain floor decorum and punctuality as per the defined protocol
- Ensure > 100% attendance a month except the cases where it is unavoidable only after official approval from Manager Operations
- Build credible relationship with the colleagues and assist them in their learning
- She must ensure the following protocols:
- Call monitoring of agents to identify weak areas to conduct training sessions on the basis of need analysis.
- Data entry accuracy: > 90%
- Provide Medical Assistance on both inbound and outbound calls.
- Monthly capacity building training or awareness/floor session for agents: > 1/month.
- Audio/video sessions for Any project: As required
- Floor Decorum: above 90%
Authorities: Medical advice & OTC drug prescription via text message.
- Sound knowledge about General disease and their treatment, including communicable & noncommunicable diseases, Family Planning, side effect management, Maternal & child health overall, nutrition, and basic knowledge of mental health diseases.
- Knowledge about family life education
- Knowledge about reproductive sexual health and rights
- Familiarity with the tools, concepts, and methodologies of training
- Must be computer literate with familiarity of MS Office and Internet
- Sound knowledge about the common medical terminology and facts
- Knowledge and skills in managing emergency cases
- Knowledge about the latest trends in the medical sciences
- Awareness of the national and local health policies
- Leadership Skills – Should be able to manage stressful situations in an emergency and uncertain situation.
- Good counseling and communication Skills particularly in listening, accent, and tone
- Good command of written and spoken Urdu and English with fluency in any other local language
- Patient–focused approach in providing care and services.
- Pleasant personality with the flexibility to work in rotations (Day or Night Shifts)
Compensation and Benefits:
Market competitive salary packages along with other benefits, such as Gratuity, EOBI, Health Insurance, Life insurance, and position-specific allowances, will be offered based on qualification and experience.