This position is responsible for direction receives and responds to wireless or other electronic communication for emergency assistance, mostly emergency medical services and/or dispatches appropriate units to response sites; does related work as required.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Under direction receives from EMDs and responds to wireless and dispatches appropriate units to response sites; does related work as required.
- Obtains, verifies, and records the location of the emergency, the name of the caller, the nature, severity, and current status of the emergency, and obtains any other appropriate information needed to secure a full assessment of the circumstances.
- Maintains and facilitates communication with responding units by receiving and relaying information, including confidential information, to authorized personnel.
- Manage response time with respect to standards by using available resources
- Has to provide clear instructions and guidance to ambulance staff in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Appropriate knowledge of area, tracker, MS-Office & Pro QA codes
- Responsible to move the ambulance from the nearest possible location.
- Use of soft, appropriate and nice wording with professionalism and well aware with soft communication skills.
- Responsible for data entries and record keeping if necessary.
- Any other task assigned by the Shift Supervisor.
- Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information system used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Ability to interpret marked Pro QA codes to emergency situations
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in Urdu sufficiently and also in English if needed to perform the duties of this position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team building skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Very effective organizational skills
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of procedures used for emergency medical treatment.
- Knowledge of information required for documenting emergency situations and calls.
- Knowledge of emergency medical, fire, police, and other emergency terminology.
- Knowledge of procedures for dispatching emergency and nonemergency equipment and personnel.
- Knowledge of organizational lines of communication.
- Knowledge of the types, disadvantages, and advantages of available communication system.
- Knowledge of security procedures involved in the dissemination of information.
- Knowledge of emergency management procedures.
- Knowledge of established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Knowledge of the geography and street locations of the community served.
- Knowledge of procedures for investigating and resolving complaints.
- Ability to provide clear instructions and guidance to callers in emergency situations.
- Ability to establish goals and set priorities.
- Ability to relay instructions or questions accurately and clearly.
- Ability to comprehend, interprets, and evaluates relevant information from various types of source materials.
- Ability to obtain and analyze facts to reach logical conclusions.
- Ability to read and discern visual images on a variety of media.
- Ability to obtain information from physically or emotionally distressed individuals.
- Ability to take accurate and complete messages.
- Ability to decode call locations using appropriate equipment.
- Ability to recognize incorrectly transmitted messages, codes, or error input.
- Ability to read road maps.
- Ability to collect information in Urdu and record it in English
- Ability to do data entries, prepare reports and statistical data and to keep accurate records.
- Ability to speak clearly, concisely, and in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information received.
- Ability to make entries to the NCIC and SCIC and maintain those records in current condition.
Qualification: Intermediate preferably Graduation / Equivalent
Experience: 1-2 Years
Age: Min. 25 years
Gender: Male / Female