Tele Tabeeb “1123” is a 24-hour healthcare helpline which provides easy and timely access to diagnostic services, basic medical advice, mental health and family planning counselling over the phone, free-of-cost. In addition, Tele Tabeeb has over 5,000 healthcare facilities mapped out on its system enabling callers to access information about the relevant facilities in their vicinity.
Tele Tabeeb has revolutionized medical assistance to underserved citizens of Pakistan. In a country where 80 percent of healthcare spending is self-financed, healthcare is a luxury few can afford. This service facilitates people belonging to both urban and rural communities who are often unable to gain access to quality medical care, due to societal and cultural issues limiting their mobility. Tele Tabeeb gives them an opportunity to access healthcare without having to leave their homes.
By providing timely diagnosis and advice through this service, we can dramatically reduce the spread of infectious diseases and the incidence of current, non-infectious, and chronic diseases. Through this program we achieve the following objectives:
- Empowering women by encouraging them to seek medical advice.
- Conducting successful early-stage interventions to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Reducing the incidence of common, non-infectious, and chronic diseases.
- Establishing a presence for virtual healthcare with a high-density impact in an urban environment.
- Reducing barriers, such as transportation and cost, which interfere with access to health information.
Customizing solutions for under-developed areas within urban metropolises.